To learn more, please visit Howard Gardner’s official website of MI Theory at
We understand that many people visit this page seeking resources on the topic of Dr. Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences.
We encourage visitors to review the FAQ section of this site, which contains a PDF of Gardner’s replies to a number of common questions on various topics that have been received in past years. In addition, we offer the list of documents below which may be helpful to visitors.
In 2011, Frames of Mind was re-released. First published in 1983, and now available with a new introduction by Gardner, this trailblazing book revolutionized the worlds of education and psychology by positing the theory of multiple intelligences:
- The 30th anniversary introduction to Frames of Mind (PDF)
Other books about MI Theory theory include:
- Multiple Intelligences Around the World by Jie-Qi Chen, Seana Moran, and Howard Gardner
- Multiple Intelligences: The Theory in Practice
- Intelligence Reframed: Multiple Intelligences for the 21st Century
In addition, Dr. Gardner maintains a collection of papers on various topics connected to his multiple intelligences theory:
- “In a Nutshell,” the first chapter of Multiple Intelligences: New Horizons (PDF)
- “Multimedia and Multiple Intelligences” (PDF)
- Technology and Multiple Intelligences: “Can Technology Exploit Our Many Ways of Knowing?” (PDF)
- “The Theory of Multiple Intelligences” (PDF)
- “The Theory of Multiple Intelligences: As Psychology, As Education, As Social Science” (PDF)
- “MI After Twenty Years” (PDF)